a list inspired by kelly of the wonderful ideas. why focus on the down side of life. keep on the sunnyside of life!
1. the color green on any day but most specificaly on a day when the sky is bright blue and the sun is shining. it is the best green around four in the afternoon in august.
2. walking thru a crowd of people and not knowing anyone, then seeing a face i know.
3. sitting on a cold day ensconsed in blankets near a window with books and tea.
4. reading. books. words. pages.
5. the smell of paper after it comes out of a printer or copier.
6. children in any form.
7. driving in my car and pulling up next to a car with a child at the window. smiling and waving and making faces at them makes me especially happy.
9. opening my inbox and finding an email.
10. the smell of the printmaking room at BJU.
11. the belly of a cat. it is so very soft.
12. warm feet.
13. sitting around a campfire with friends staring in the flames and becoming mezmorised.
14. finding shapes in the clouds.
15. brown dirt...so brown it is almost black.
16. sitting on a porch in a rocking chair with a friend or family member not saying anything, just rocking.
17. fireflies in ohio. in the summer time at dusk hundreds of thousands of them would come out and light up over the soybean field behind our house.
18. faeries and pretending they are real.
19. feeling snow or rain on my face.
20. yellow rain boots.
21. green slicker.
22. the fuzzy black worms.
23. stars: falling or stationary.
24. driving in snow at night with the headlights on: the swirl of snow around the lights.
25. waking up on saturday morning at 8:00 knowing that i can go right back to sleep.
26. my sponge bob square pants boxers.
27. the smell of baby.
28. forts made in corn fields with little brothers.
29. my pawpaw telling the same joke every time i see him. "there was once a very wise man nammed yogi berra that asked a man one time: ' what do you do when you come to a fork in the road?' (pawpaw is laughing hysterically and slapping his knee at this time...) 'you pick it up!'"
30. visiting places from my childhood.
31. the smell of a freshly cut alfalfa field.
32. the hooty owls at my house in ohio that would sit on either side of the house and talk to each other at one in the morning.
33. lying in my bed and seeing the moonlight come into my room and making leaf shapes on my bed, wall and floor.
34. the sound of locusts in august.
35. looking at the moon and feeling like i know it.
36. narnia in any shape or form.
37. singing "be thou my vision"
38. feeling mud squish between my toes.
39. going barefoot at every opportunity.
40. playing grown-up days and dressing my age.
41. my boss and his quirks.
42. jeremiah's laugh.
43. puppy dogs that get so excited to see people.
44. cuddly children that are tired and just want to be held.
45. the rock down by my river, and sitting there with my friends.
46. peter who is four years old that told me the other day that he needed to start shaving cause he now has a beard. and that everyday he "very needs to definately cut goliath's head off."
47. candles that smell good.
48. talking with children and seeing the world thru their eyes.
49. gwen, tim, ethan.
50. knowing that i can talk to Jesus whenever i want!