October 13, 2003
if i wanted to
how would i add a subtitle to my blog? i want to write in a subtitle under the title whatnot. like on steph's and ben's etc. any and all comments/suggestions/snide remarks would be welcome and accepted.
Posted by hill at October 13, 2003 08:29 PM
i can give out log in info if i need to, but i like to learn about what is going on and do it myself, so that would be my first preference.
I'm not sure this isn't locked down, so you might not have access to this section. But try.
1. Go into your admin stuff and choose WEBLOG CONFIGURATION (under Manage in the sidebar menu).
2. At the top of your WEBLOG CONFIGURATION page, you will see several hyperlinked headings. Choose PREFERENCES.
3. Once you're in PREFERENCES, choose GENERAL SETTINGS.
4. In the GENERAL SETTINGS area, there should be a text box labeled DESCRIPTION, with instructions that say "Enter a Description for your blog." (This description IS your subtitle.)
5. Type what you want it to say there in that text box. Then scroll all the way to the bottom of the PREFERENCES page and click SAVE.
6. You will still need to REBUILD ALL FILES in order to view your changes.
Hope that helps.
grrrrrrr. it isn't open to me. i guess ben will have to change it for me. grrrrrrrr.
Did you ever figure this out?
It's simple-dimple. I'll send you the solution after work.
yay! i haven't yet, but bring it on!
so is that gonna be your new subtitle?
"comments/suggestions/snide remarks would be welcome and accepted"
Please note: Comments will not appear immediately. Your comment will appear upon approval by the blog's editor. We had to implement this to decrease the amount of spam that our site receives. Please forgive the inconvenience. We are looking into other, friendlier options.