March 01, 2007
Things to do while falling down a mountain
- After landing crazily on your back, punch the offending hillside and yell "Bad Mountain" at the top of your lungs
- While in mid-air (after having both ski bindings let go) scream "Yard Sale!". Fall heavily.
- Expertly handle the powder-laden moguls. Once clear of the bumpies at the bottom of the run, fall unexpectedly on the straight leading to the lift.
- Mis-handle the transition from beautiful corduroy to 12" of powder. Make sure your neck hits the ground before the rest of your body.
- Enjoy 20" of fresh powder in 3 days time, relish the company of your wife and brother-in-law, and marvel at the retiree who's skied 75 days this year.
Yes, I either observed or experienced all of the above over the last 4 days.
Posted by Gabriel at March 1, 2007 03:11 PM
I think i'd forgoe relishing the brother-in-law's presence. he can be slightly obnoxious. ;-)
Actually, I think skiing with Dan would be pretty exciting!!! Just being on the mountain in the fresh air (without all the pollen!) would be absolutely wonderful. Glad you had loads of fun.
Please note: Comments will not appear
immediately. Your comment will appear upon approval by the blog's
editor. We had to implement this to decrease the amount of spam that
our site receives. Please forgive the inconvenience. We are looking
into other, friendlier options.